You are here


  • I need to amend a claim. How do I do this?

    When completing the fillable claim form, check the box (above Item 1. on the form) to indicate that the claim amends a previously filed claim. You can then enter the Court claim number and/or date of the previous claim.

  • If my claim has been paid, should I file a Withdrawal of Claim?

    No. A withdrawal of claim is typically filed when the claim was filed in error and there are no funds due the creditor from the estate. If you file a withdrawal of claim in a case where you have received distributions from the Trustee, the Trustee’s office will contact you regarding a refund of those funds.

  • At the time of filing my claim, I do not know the amount that is due. How do I enter “Unknown” in the amount for the claim?

    In the amount box, enter: 0.00. Attach documentation to the claim explaining the reason that the 00.00 was entered. Once you know the amount of the claim, file an amended claim.  The amount on the B410 that is produced will state "See Attachments".

  • How do I file a proof of claim?
  • What do I do if I suspect Bankruptcy fraud?

    Please contact the Office of the U.S. Trustee

  • If I file a claim in the wrong case, what do I do?

    Prepare a new document withdrawing the proof of claim and file it using the event “Withdrawal of Claim” on the “Claim Objection/Actions” page under the “Bankruptcy” menu. Never withdraw a claim under the category “File Claims.” This category is for filing proofs of claim only.

  • I represent a chapter 7 debtor and I (or my client) have a conflict on the date that has been set for the 341 meeting. How do I reschedule the meeting?

    Generally all requests for continuances of chapter 7 meetings of creditors must be made more than seven days prior to the scheduled meeting date in order to allow sufficient time for the debtor’s counsel to serve notice of the new date on all creditors.  If the need for the continuance arises within the seven days prior to the scheduled meeting, the attorney must appear at the meeting and request a continuance from the case trustee.  If the attorney is unable to appear at the meeting due to an emergency, another attorney may request a continuance on his/her behalf. 


    All other requests for a continuance must be made by email to:


    Knoxville and Greeneville:  Lisa Chadwell ( with a backup copy to Becky Halsey (; or


    Chattanooga and Winchester:  Amy Culton ( with a backup copy to Tisha Doll (


    A certificate of service of the notice of the rescheduled date and time must be filed by the debtor’s counsel within three business days of the date upon which the rescheduled date and time information is provided to the debtor’s counsel in order for the meeting to be conducted. 


    Debtor’s counsel must file the certificate of service choosing the event “Certificate of Service” under “Other” under the “Bankruptcy” menu, and link it to the entry rescheduling the meeting (which the U.S.Trustee’s office should have already made). Do not select “Notice of Hearing” as the event type.


    If an attorney fails to appear at the 341 Meeting of Creditors without prior notice to the Trustee and/or his clients, the compensation of the debtor’s counsel may be the subject of any objection.

  • What do I do if I want to pay a filing fee in installments?

    When you file an application to pay in installments, enter “0.00" in the amount field.

  • How can I find out when I paid a fee?

    How can I find out when I paid a fee?

  • I tried to pay my fee but it says I don’t owe anything.

    Check to see if you have signed on using the same login that you used when you filed the document for which a fee is due. If not, you need to log out and back in under the correct login.